We surveyed 53 mommies, who used a total of 26 different brands of strollers. Here are our findings:
- The top five considerations when choosing the best baby stroller are: weight/bulkiness, price, foldability, safety and comfort for the baby.
- The Doona car seat & stroller was not commonly used, but those who used it loved it for its convenience and portability.
Introduction to the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
The Doona car seat & stroller is a fully integrated all-in-one travel system aimed at providing a safe and practical solution for life on the go. With this convertible, it is easy to move from a car seat to stroller in seconds. The Doona car seat & stroller is ideal for mommies looking for an infant car seat stroller. This stroller can be used from 1.8kg to 15.8kg, or 81cm tall (whichever comes first).
The Doona car seat & stroller comes in 7 basic colours and they have launched the Midnight and Gold Limited Edition colours at a premium price.
Importance & Considerations of Strollers
Mommies mainly considered the following factors when buying a stroller: weight/bulkiness, price point, ease of folding, the safety aspect and if it was comfortable for their baby.
There are many benefits to owning a stroller. A stroller keeps your baby close to you, and it also prevents parents from overstraining themselves from constant carrying. Most strollers can be folded easily and that makes travelling a lot easier.
A bassinet stroller is commonly compared with a car seat stroller. The latter is more portable as compared to a bassinet stroller. However, one should note the 2-hour ‘rule’. Infant healthcare professionals, safety experts and most car manufacturers recommend the 2-hour ‘rule’.
- This 2-hour ‘rule’ states that babies should not be in their car seat for more than 2 hours at a time and should be taken out frequently.
Should your trip involve driving for longer periods of time, you should stop for regular breaks. This is because babies are at a greater risk of SIDS in a car seat for a long period of time – risk of breathing difficulties travelling in an upright position.
When considering if you should buy this Doona car seat & stroller, you need to ask yourself what is the purpose of this stroller – mainly as a car seat or as a stroller.
What Mommies Say About the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
Mommies who used the Doona car seat & stroller mentioned that they loved it for:
- Its convenience
- Ease of converting to a car seat
- Perfect for taking cabs and grab rides
Out of 53 mommies we surveyed, only 1 mommy used the Doona car seat & stroller and that got us curious. We did a quick poll on our exclusive Facebook Group to ask why mommies considered but did not buy the Doona car seat & stroller eventually. Here are our results:
- The biggest deterrent to buying the Doona car seat & stroller is its low mileage. Parents were unwilling to buy the stroller because it can’t last more than two years. The low mileage also makes it harder for parents to justify the price.
- The other factor that prevents parents from buying the Doona car seat & stroller is its price.
As the Doona car seat & stroller fits my lifestyle and needs, I chose to buy a preloved stroller.
How Has the Doona Car Seat & Stroller Been?
I bought a secondhand Doona car seat & stroller from a friend of mine and sent it to Pramwash before using it.
Pramwash IMPRESSIVE CLEANING OF STROLLERS
I chose a preloved Doona car seat & stroller because:
- I don’t own a car, and I foresee myself taking cabs most of the time. If you do not have a car seat, GRAB cab doesn’t allow you to board with a child.
- I loved how convenient and quick it is to switch from a car seat to a stroller
- A fuss-free system, and easy to maneuver around when I’m alone with my baby
I used the Doona car seat & stroller for about 8 months before passing it on to my relative, who needed it for her infant. As parents, we are most afraid of waking a sleeping baby. Since babies tend to fall asleep in the car, I can easily convert the car seat to a stroller once I have reached my destination.
I also loved how it is so sleek, making travelling easier. With a huge population on a small island like Singapore, it can get very crowded. The sleek design of the Doona car seat & stroller makes pushing the stroller around easier.
However, I do not deny its drawbacks – price, and mileage. A brand new Doona car seat & stroller is USD 550 and that was why I chose to buy a preloved Doona stroller.
Moreover, this car seat stroller is only meant for babies up to 15.8kg or 81cm tall (whichever comes first). My daughter is currently 2 years old, weighing 12kg, and 83cm tall. In my case, I would only be able to use the stroller for about 1.5-2 years. Since I could only use the stroller for less than 2 years, I chose to purchase a preloved one at 250 USD, and give it a good wash!
Overview of the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
- Defining characteristic: Converts to a car seat in seconds
- Easy to manoeuvre
- Perfect for parents who don’t own cars
- FAA-approved: can be used on the flight seat
- Reputable brand
- Easy to wash
- Only up to 15.8kg/81cm tall (whichever comes first)
- Weight (7.8kg)
- No storage
Pros of the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
Cons of the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
Accessories to Increase Storage Space
These bags are designed to maintain the stability of the Doona car seat & stroller while giving you extra storage space.
Where to buy the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
You can buy the Limited Edition Midnight Colour from:
You can buy the Limited Edition Gold Colour from
Overall Thoughts on the Doona Car Seat & Stroller
For a car seat stroller made of premium quality and innovative design, it definitely comes with a premium price tag too.
I would recommend this Doona car seat & stroller for families who:
- Carpool or car share
- Don’t own cars
- Mainly need a car seat that can be used as a stroller occasionally
If you are mainly looking for a portable and convenient car seat that is safe for your infant, I would recommend the Doona car seat & stroller. This Doona car seat & stroller is also perfect if you need to run short errands. However, if you intend to put your infant in this stroller for long hours while shopping or walking around, I would not recommend this.
To end off this post, I would like to give thanks to the sweetest mommies, who replied me amidst their busy schedules to make this review possible:
Disclaimer: Nuevamae is not sponsored by any of the mentioned brands or platforms. This article expresses our honest opinion based on our experience and research. Read more about our mission. This article includes affiliate links so we may earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you make a purchase via the link.