We surveyed 53 mommies, who used a total of 26 different brands of strollers. Here are our findings on the best baby strollers:
- Babyzen YOYO was one of the top 5 strollers mommies used. Other brands include KEENZ and the Bugaboo Bee.
- The top five considerations when choosing a stroller are: weight/bulkiness, price, foldability, safety and comfort for the baby.
Keep reading for my review of the Babyzen YOYO² and find out if you should get this stroller for yourself!
Introduction to the Babyzen YOYO Stroller
In 2013, BABYZEN launched their most ergonomic and compact stroller – the YOYO. The YOYO is designed to be folded easily, and so compact that it can fit in an airline aircraft.
BABYZEN YOYO² prides itself to be suitable for newborns up to 22kg. There are several models that suit your needs:
- BABYZEN YOYO² 0+ version comes with the newborn pack, so you can start using the stroller immediately. You can fold the stroller with the newborn pack attached.
- BABYZEN YOYO also sells a bassinet, to be attached to the stroller. Unlike the newborn pack, you will not be able to fold the stroller with the bassinet on.
- BABYZEN YOYO² 6+ version is meant for 6-month-old babies up to 22kg.
- BABYZEN Connect Set is an accessory that you can hook to the back of your stroller, turning it into a double stroller.
Importance & Considerations of Strollers
Mommies mainly considered the following factors in choosing the best baby stroller: weight/bulkiness, price point, ease of folding, the safety aspect and if it was comfortable for their baby.
There are many benefits to owning a stroller. A stroller keeps your baby close to you, and it also prevents parents from overstraining themselves from constant carrying. Most strollers can be folded easily and that makes travelling a lot easier.
How Do I Feel About The Babyzen YOYO²?
I initially learned about the product through a friend, who likened it to a high-quality stroller like a Mercedes. I have personally used this product for a duration of two years. It was handed down to me, having been previously used for four years. To my surprise, upon receiving the stroller, both the wheels and frame were in excellent, if not perfect, condition. The previous owner jokingly confessed to not taking good care of it, yet it endured international travel and various terrains remarkably well. This treatment left me impressed by its durability.
The only modification I made was sending it to Pramwash (get 5% off Pramwash here!) for a thorough cleaning, which cost me approximately $90 – $100. They did an exceptional job, making it feel like I had a brand new stroller. However, it was only after the cleaning process that I discovered I could have also purchased a new fabric of my preferred color for around the same price. I blame my slothful self for not doing enough research.
Typically, I use the stroller when going to shopping malls or when I anticipate my child will need to nap. Despite the crowded environments, its small and portable design makes it highly convenient to bring along. In fact, the Babyzen stroller is so compact that it can even fit inside certain nursing rooms. Having the stroller nearby while nursing is crucial because it allows me to effortlessly transfer my sleeping child from my arms to the stroller without waking them up.
Moreover, pushing the stroller on public transportation such as the MRT and buses is also hassle-free.
Comparison between YOYO+ and YOYO²
Compatible with more car seats
With the discontinuation of the YOYO+, the Babyzen YOYO² stroller is indeed an upgrade from the previous! Babyzen had indeed outdone themselves once again.
Overview of the Babyzen YOYO²
- Defining characteristic: compact and lightweight
- Fits in airplane cabin
- Wide range of muted colours
- Use from 6 months to 22kg (versatile)
- Durable (a mommy shared her stroller was used more than 5 years)
- Smooth and easy to maneuver
- Many add-ons (leg rest, handlebar) need to be purchased
- Small storage space
- Inability to recline fully
- Inability to attach stroller fan
Pros of the Babyzen YOYO²
Cons of the Babyzen YOYO²
Where to buy the Babyzen YOYO Stroller
Accessories to go with the Babyzen YOYO
Here is a list of accessories, which you may find useful to have to go alongside your Babyzen YOYO² stroller.
Necessities to start using from birth (0+):
For safety and comfort:
For all seasons:
Good to have:
For an expanding family:
Final Thoughts on the Babyzen YOYO Stroller
We hope this article is comprehensive enough for you to consider a premium stroller with a premium price tag.
To end off this post, I would like to give thanks to the sweetest mommies, who replied me amidst their busy schedules to make this review possible:
Disclaimer: Nuevamae is not sponsored by any of the mentioned brands or platforms. This article expresses our honest opinion based on our experience and research. Read more about our mission. This article includes affiliate links so we may earn a commission (at no additional cost to you) if you make a purchase via the link.